Monday, July 10, 2017
Etisalat pulls out of Nigeria after loan talks collapse
Abu Dhabi’s Etisalat has terminated its management agreement with its Nigerian arm and given the business time to phase out the brand in Nigeria, the chief executive of Etisalat International told Reuters on Monday.
Nigerian regulators intervened last week to save Etisalat Nigeria from collapse after talks with its lenders to renegotiate a $1.2 billion loan failed.
All UAE shareholders of Etisalat Nigeria have exited the company and have left the board and management, Hatem Dowidar said in an interview.
He said discussions were ongoing with Etisalat Nigeria to provide technical support, adding that it can use the brand for another three-weeks before phasing it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
On July 4, 2013, JAY-Z dropped Magna Carta Holy Grail, his 12th studio album. Now, Hov is back with 4:44 , his brand new LP. If you’r...
-
According to online reports, this young man who allegedly posed as female sex worker was nabbed in Abuja. In the photos, the man wearing d...
-
The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu has given one condition as to why the 2017 Anambra governorship poll may...
-
Governor of Imo state, Rochas Okorocha has reacted to Former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode's comment on the new photo releas...

No comments:
Post a Comment